As I sit here looking back at last week’s NBA action I realize that this was one of the most messed up weeks of this season. Lebron’s ankle injury, the Lakers three game losing streak, and the Mavs twelve game winning streak combine to give you one heck of a week in the NBA. As I always do on Wednesday’s, today I sat down and put together our weekly NBA power rankings. There may be some surprises to you so make sure to check out the full rankings here. For now here is a quick preview:
- For the first time this year the red hot Mavs take over the top spot in the power rankings.
- With a huge win over the Lakers the Orlando Magic have jumped to the #2 spot this week.
- Lebron’s ankle and the Lakers struggles drop the teams to #3 and #4 respectively.
- The Nuggets, Hawks, and Jazz continue to play well and remain in the middle of the rankings.
- A four game winning streak was just enough to put the Celtics up one spot to number eight in the rankings.
- The offensive power house Suns and the red hot Milwaukee Bucks round out the top ten this week.
- Teams that deserve credit but didn’t quite do enough: Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs, and Portland Trail Blazers.