I bet you didn’t know:
- The Celtics still lead the league in point differential. They score 99.33 ppg and give up 90.93 for a differential of +8.40. Orlando, LA, and Cleveland come in 7th, 8th, and 9th respectively.
- The C’s lead the league in assits per game with 24.4. The Cavs, as weird as it sounds (sarcasm), are 17th in the league in assists.
- We have the 3rd best FG% at 48.2%. Phoenix is first with first with 50.1%, followed by Golden State with 48.4%.
- The Bobcats give up fewer points per game than do the Celtics. As mentioned above, the Green give up 90.93 ppg, but Charlotte gives up 88.85 ppg. I have a feeling that may change in the near future.
- The Celtics are second to last in rebounding, only in front of the Golden State Warriors. Cleveland is down near the bottom with us, and the Lakers are at the top.
- Golden State leads the league in steals per game, but the Celtics are directly behind them in second with 8.8. With not as many times stolen against, we lead in the differential of times we steal the ball, to times the ball is stolen from us.
- As much as it may appear the team turns the ball over, the C’s DO NOT lead the league in turnovers. In fact, compared to the rest of the league, they protect the ball fairly well. They come in 19th in average turnovers per game.
- As foul happy as the Celtics may seem, they are only 1 of 3 teams in the league to not have someone foul out. The Cavs and the Hornets are the other two.
- Rasheed Wallace comes in 6th in the league in 3 point attempts. With that being said, he comes in 115th in 3 point percentage. (Simply a stat- doesn’t display my opinion on the subject)
- The Celtics hold first place twofold in the category of technical fouls. Both Sheed and Perk have 5 a peice on the year.
Simply for the sake of interest. If you did know, I am sorry for taking a jab at your pure NBA intelligence :).
(Photo by Steve Babineau/NBAE via Getty Images)