Consumed with what he thought was a game clinching bucket over Big East rival Pitt, Louisville male cheerleader Jordan Alcazar grabbed the basketball and tossed it into the stands. The problem with that? Well, there happened to be .5 seconds left and his actions forced the refs to assess Louisville with a technical foul.
After hitting both of the freethrows Pitt made it quite interesting and eventually missed a desparation three point attempt, at the buzzer, giving Rick Pitino a closer win then what should have been.
My thoughts on the video:
1. Rick Pitino should not wear white suits.
2. “Larry Bird is not walking through that door, fans. Kevin McHale is not walking through that door, and Robert Parish is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they’re going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we’re going to improve. People don’t realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their asses off. I wish we had $90 million under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can’t; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that’s in this town sucks. I’ve been around when Jim Rice was booed. I’ve been around when Yastrzemski was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like we are in that locker room… and if you think I’m going to succumb to negativity, you’re wrong. You’ve got the wrong guy leading this team.”
3. How and why did the Celtics give him a 10 year $50 million contract?
4. I am still not ok with the Chauncey Billups trade, there I said it.
5. Travis Knight, a 7 year contract? Really?
6. Wait, what was the point of all this?
7. I apparently have not gotten over the Rick Pitino era yet.