With the lack of games being played in the past week we decided to hold off a few days on releasing our weekly NBA power rankings. A good sample of games being played last night helped to mix up the rankings a little bit from last week. With this being said, the top of the rankings are very similar; however, the bottom was shaken up quite a bit. Below will be a small preview of what to expect but to see the full power rankings make sure to check them out here.
- As you probably expected Lebron James and his Cleveland Cavaliers continue to hold on to the top spot in the rankings.
- The Lakers are finding ways to win without Kobe Bryant and because of that they stay seated in the #2 spot.
- Orlando, Atlanta, and Boston continue to battle for the #2 spot in the east and are number #3, 4, and 5 in our rankings this week.
- The Utah Jazz moved up a spot to the number six spot this past week. They have won 9 of their last 10.
- Carmelo Anthony is back and the Denver Nuggets only dropped down one spot to #7 without him.
- The Thunder, Raptors, and Mavs round out the top ten in this weeks rankings.
- Notable teams that didn’t make the rankings include Portland, Phoenix, and San Antonio.