Tonight the Boston Celtics ended their four game road stretch with a 105-87 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Celtics end the road trip 4-0 and are now 16-4 on the season. Here are some quick notes from the game, look for our complete recap later on tonight.
- Paul Pierce was a complete nut in the first half, Pierce scored all of his 21 points in the first two quarter. We did not see much of Pierce during the final two quarters, as Doc gave him some rest because of the big lead we had.
- Kevin Garnett is back. I even caught one of our friends, Nick from North Station Sports who has been one of the people to point out all of KG’s flawssaying “yup, he’s back”. KG used a great 10-11 shooting night to drop in 23 points on the night.
- The Celtics scored above 100, and limited their opponent to under 90. Both sides of the game were their tonight and I’m not complaining.
- The Celtics limited OKC to 17.6% shooting from behind the arc. Perimeter defense had been a problem for a few games this year, but they have quickly turned it around.
- Kevin Durant is the Oklahoma City Thunder. He scored 36 points for them tonight.
- The Celtics out-rebounded the Thunder 40-30 tonight, something we haven’t seen them do lately.