They finally snapped the streak! Boston had lost nine straight games before tonight’s win against the Raptors. If you watched the entire game — I don’t know why you would, it was horrible — then you know what I’m talking about when I say this one was horrible. Neither team cracked 40% shooting from the field, neither team got over 90 points, and between both team there were 23 missed free throws. The only good thing about this game — other than Jared Sullinger — was seeing Rondo fully dressed on the bench. He didn’t play but it was nice to see him back in full Celtic green.
- What a game from Jared Sullinger. Logging his first 20 point, 20 rebound game of his career and the first player in a Celtic uniform to do so since KG. This won’t be a common occurrence but it seems like every week Sully is giving us something to happy about and at least something to be optimistic about. There really hasn’t been a player on the team who has played as consistently well as he has. He’s always on the glass, he’s making great passes, and finishing around the rim. I’m not gonna be too hyperbolic about him because that never ends well but his production and growth this season has been really the only thing fun about this season.
- I don’t really know what it says about a team when Avery Bradley is the best scorer on the team but he’s been getting the job done. Only thing is, and I know it’s his comfort zone, but he has to stop taking so many long twos. If he’s going to shoot from that distance, why not just take one more step back and make it a 3? He may be shooting them a decent clip but it just makes it easier for teams to stop him if he’s not getting to the free throw line — which he definitely isn’t.
- Gerald Wallace is confusing. I’m not going to complain about his incessant blabbering to the media about how he’s unhappy with the team and his role on the team but all I ask if for some clarity as to why he continues to give us false hope by having not-so-terrible games. He can still pass the basketball — when he isn’t turning it over — but he usually refuses to take shots and he seemed trigger happy tonight — “trigger happy” for Gerald Wallace is 4 shots(which were all taken in the 1st half.
- Boston was a bit undermanned tonight, only having 10 players ready for game action after shipping Crawford and Brooks to Golden State which means Phil Pressey had to step in and he did a pretty good job considering it was his first NBA start of his career. He did a solid job running the offense and tallied his first 10+ assist game.
- The most frustrating thing about Jeff Green being such an average player is that you know he can do so much more on the court. I’ve pretty much come to terms with it but it is a source of frustration among many fans. He took some pretty terrible shots and made some mistakes, to make a long story short; he didn’t play well.
Well the losing streak is over and this team might look very different on Friday with the potential return of Rondo looming over the team there is some possibility for this team to be fun but bad team.
Follow the site’s account @HoudiniCeltics!