Boston avenged a weekend loss to the 3-14 Milwaukee Bucks. The game itself was what you’d expect from two below .500 teams in the eastern conference but for the most part it was pretty entertaining basketball game if you ignore that god awful 1st half. Jordan Crawford led all scorers with 25 points, Sullinger finished with 12 & 8, and Green scored 18 points on 9 shots. Here are some quick observations from the game.
- Jared Sullinger is still pretty awesome. He didn’t put up gaudy numbers but like always he was so reliable in this game. Grabbing offensive rebounds, — he had 5, while the the Bucks as a team only had 8 — finishing hooks, and he made a huge step back jumper to seal the win. He’s been the Celtics most important player all season long leading them in plus/minus and is having a great sophomore season,
- Jordan Crawford is continuing his career season. I really don’t think anyone thought Crawford would buy into whatever Brad Stevens is preaching so early and effectively but whatever the reason is, Crawford is getting it done. He’s making smart passes, taking smart shots — and making them too! He had this one great pass to find a wide open Avery in the 2nd quarter — Avery missed the point blank layup.
- Courtney Lee is either trolling Ainge’s tanking efforts or the dude is just trying to raise his trade value. I don’t know which it is, I’m hoping its the latter but Lee has had such a turnaround season thus far compared to last season. He came back after missing a couple of games with a knee injury and poured in 11 quick points off the bench. Lets hope Ainge can convince some team to take him off of the Celtics’ hands
- The Celtics are now the best team in the worst division in pro sports. Yup, with this win Boston really upped its chances to get knocked out of the first round it what promises to be one of the worst field of playoff teams that I can remember. Say goodbye to Wiggins/Parker/Randle because the Celtics are the 4th seed in the “Leastern Conference”! In all seriousness it’s great that the players don’t want to tank and it’s great that so many of them are having good seasons but I can’t stress enough how pointless making the playoffs this year would be, — that is unless you like lopsided 4 game sweeps — I’m not saying I want them to lose more — well I guess I am, but whatever. Winning the Atlantic this year is almost as important as winning Gerald Wallace in a free agency bidding war — sorry to use you, Crash in a bad analogy.
- Avery made perhaps the craziest shot I’ve seen all year. Just keep in mind that he made this shot and then proceeded to miss a point blank layup — we still love ya though Avery. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVGm7d4HNNg&feature=youtu.be
The Celtics take on Denver Friday @ 7:30
Follow me on Twitter @TreyAdell!
Looking for Celtics tickets? For the best deals always visit TiqIQ.com.