Remember when this team won 4 straight games? Remember when they drop 111 points on the Miami Heat? Man, those were some great memories. It seems like the Celtics have come back down to Earth after some strange outlier shooting performances. The Twolves who’ve been lighting the league on fire with some fast paced basketball and with the help of early MVP candidate Kevin Love, did not take this game off.
The Celtics have dropped to 4-7 on the season and they just look like a bad team right now.
Here are some takeaways:
- Avery was extremely aggressive coming off screens, taking spot up jump shots and just playing within his game. Ever since he moved back to the off-ball guard Avery has been extremely efficient. I’m very interested to see how long he can extend this play; this season needs to be one where we see substantial offensive improvement.
- The turnovers reared their ugly heads again. Boston turned the ball over 21 times tonight which is something that you cannot do against the Timberwolves if you want to even have a chance to win.
- Kevin Love and Nikola Pekovic are just better than anyone else on this team. The duo combined for 43 points and 24 rebounds which seems like a decent line for any two players.
- The Celtics hung with the Twolves on the boards. I came in to this game expecting the Celtics to get blown away but the rebounding battle was even at 50 boards a piece.
- Vitor should be the permanent starter. Kelly had been the choice for the past few games and it all depends on matchup but I really feel like Vitor is just the more natural option here. He’s rebounding and shot blocking is extremely valuable. Oh and don’t forget that HE CAN KNOCK DOWN THREES.
- Bass continues to just keep chugging along with consistency. I can’t find a player on the Celtics that I’ve been more wrong about than Brandon Bass. If you follow me on twitter then you know that last season Bass wasn’t my favorite player but this season he’s been the model of consistency. Props to Bass; I hope Danny can find a contender for this guy to play his ass off for, he deserves it.
The Celtics face James Harden and the Rockets on Tuesday at 8 PM.